Chris J Dixon

[news] wrote:

Toolmaker wrote:
wrote

When you say 'quite a bit of grass is left', is it noticeable? I alredy
have a small flymo (with poxy plastic blades that keep breaking), so if
this leaves grass on the lawn too there is little point me upgrading

All the Hover-collect mowers leave a 'snail trail' down one side of the
mower. A rotary (wheeled) mower will collect much more of the cuttings

point of order:

hover mowers are rotary mowers, the rotary blades spin on a shaft mounted
on a vertical axis to create the downdraught for the hover effect.

mowers with wheels and a roller tend to be cylinder mowers, with the cylinder
mounted on a horizontal axis

Not so I'm afraid. The big difference between hover and wheeled
rotary mowers is the direction of airflow. With hovers,
naturally. they blow downwards, and then a second fan, on the
same shaft, hidden within the plastic casing, has to try and suck
up the grass off the ground.

Wheeled rotary mowers arrange the airflow to be upwards carrying
the grass straight into the grass box.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK