Alan

Hi,

Only buy a hover mower if you actually need one - i.e. if you have
slopes.
I don't think that you will find any problems with maneuvering a roller
rotary.

I occasionally work in a lawnmower repair shop and we think Flymo are
c**p.
One feature you want is an induction motor and I don't think the
particular model has one so I would therefore avoid both machines you
are thinking about.

The best machine of that ilk is the Mountfield Princess but that may be
a bit too expensive for you (but it will last many many years unlike
the Flymo) You can also buy cheaper machines made by an Italian company
called Castel under various brands.

I can't advise you strongly enough to go to an independent mower shop
(one which repairs as well) and get some good advice. Prices will be
competitive and you get the bonus of after sales service and
satisfaction of supporting your local business.

Another poster suggests buying a cylinder mower. They certainly make a
better job of cutting grass but if you have a gravel driveway or kids
then you are guaranteed to get stones or something jammed between the
blades and therefore constant repairs and maintenance. The Qualcast
cylinder mower is a good enough wee machine.

A roller mower should be OK for moss, hover mowers are the worst
because they float over moss instead of cutting it.

Alan.