BillyBob

"Tina" wrote in message
news:cMJbe.3$KN3.1@lakeread03...

full. Shop fox wants you to have 2 cloth bags, one on top and one on the
bottom, which means I'd have to get the bottom bag and put the dust into
another clear bag when I need to empty it...can I put the .3 micron bag on
top with the clear bag on the bottom??? Makes sense to me....what's the
groups opinion on this setup....TIA

It appears the dust collector you ordered comes with a "real" 2 hp motor
(not an overrated 120volt motor) as well as a 12" impeller. Replacing the
bottom bag with plastic may restrict its capacity somewhat but you have
ample capacity already. I don't think it would hurt anything to give it a
try. Be sure you get a plastic bag designed for dust collection use (very
heavy plastic). It needs to withstand the pressure put up by the blower.

My opinion is derived from my comparison to my similarly sized (2 hp, 12"
impeller) Jet dust collector. It has a plastic bag on bottom and a canister
on top. The canister provides higher air flow capacity, but Jet sells the
very same dust collector with a bag on top instead of the canister and no
other engineering modifications that I know of.

Bob