Bart D. Hull

Just a month ago, I saw a soldier in BDU's and his wife go up to the
counter in a local Mexican restaurant. After they had ordered their food
an older gentleman simply walked up and told the cashier that he was paying.

The older gentleman didn't ask where the soldier was serving, what he
did, or any other questions. The only words from the older gentleman
to the soldier was "Thank you, son" Then he went on his way.

It is nice to see our military folks get some credit for their efforts.
I'm not a fan of the Iraq war but support the efforts our troops put out
in their various endevours.

Next time is MY turn to buy!

Bart D. Hull

Tempe, Arizona

Check
http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/engine.html
for my Subaru Engine Conversion
Check http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/fuselage.html
for Tango II I'm building.

Remove -nospam to reply via email.

D Murphy wrote:
Gunner wrote in
:

Passed on to me, by of all people..the Noid.

http://www.wtv-zone.com/Mary/PASSINGOFGENERATION.HTML

Nice link. I began to notice that the WWII vets were dieing off about ten
years ago. The Trib puts a little American flag next to the obituaries of
vets. Somedays 2/3 of the obits had flags. I'm just glad that I got into
the biz before these guys retired. I learned a lot about the trade from
them as well as a lot about the war. Truly deserving of the title "The
Greatest Generation."