yourname

I won't touch the second comment, but here in America, private property
is a cornerstone of our powerful economic system. Not to say that zoning,
well meant but ill-advised, hasn't been encroaching on that valued right in
various degrees. Citizens of the world may state that they hate America,
but they love Americans and would love dearly to be one. We didn't get to
this point so quickly (a mere 200 or so years) without private property and
many other unalienable rights.

There is not, nor has there ever been unlimited private property. I too
have my issues with zoning, but it is not new. It is likely everyone you
know bought there property after zoning was created and has no excuse
for thinking they can do what they like. Here in the people's
republic[mass] we still have jokers who think they can fill swamps or
dig out hillsides without a permit. Maybe the Indians were right, you
can't really own land.

(Seattle and the like) are working hard making it difficult to do
anything other than farm with your farmland, but on the other hand, they
also love the folks who do everything they can to make it harder and harder
to be a farmer. Now that the farmer can't make any money farming his little
or medium sized plot, he wants to get out, but nobody wants to buy farmland
because it can't be developed or turned into megafarms. When he dies, the
gov'nr takes most of the farm and he's finally out of farming. Not many
other ways to get out, it seems. That kind of folk **** me off the most.

Read about that, makes you shake your head.