Mike

"Baz" wrote in message
I need to build a small pipe network with several ball valves to control
water destination and its route. Here's the background.

Our water supply is from a spring and is normally enough for our needs.

We
have a borehole supply as a stand-by for very dry summers. We've never
needed to use this but it needs to be available. In addition the

borehole
is used to supply water to the neighbouring farmer's sheep and the

garden
if our butts are empty. The water in the borehole is filtered to take

out
the iron.

I would do it with 3 on/off ball valves and 3 3way ball valves.
I think I would use copper tube and solder joints and brass valves.

Spring and borehole water is often acidic and copper pipe lasts months at
most. Have it tested or use only plastic parts.

What filter do you use for the iron and is it effective ?