James Sweet

"Bill Jeffrey" wrote in message
news:cOtbe.90276$A31.64514@fed1read03...
I don't know your wife, and I don't mean this to be a put-down. But the
power of suggestion is very strong for some people. In other words, at
this point, she may get a headache when she gets into this car simply
because she EXPECTS to get a headache when she gets into this car. This
cause is especially indicated if the headache comes on nearly instantly,
as you have described - so soon that none of the causes being discussed
here (exhaust fumes, neck position, lighting, EMI, etc) have had a
chance to kick in yet.

I knew a girl like this once, but her particular hot button was food
that had sat out on the counter for more than two hours. She was
convinced that any kind of food would spoil in that time, and that she
would get sick if she ate it. And since she expected to get sick, she
did. And she was truly miserable - she wasn't making it up. She would
retch and gag and vomit almost instantly if she thought there was even a
possibility that the food was "old", even if a dozen other people were
happily munching on the same thing.

Hehe that reminds me of a friend I had who would ask how old everything in
the fridge was and wouldn't eat it if it was at or past the Sell By date. I
finally started rubbing off the date (only sell by, not use by!) and lying
about how old it was so he wouldn't complain.