Thomas Kendrick

There are 3 basic framing nail groups -

20-22 degree full round head, plastic collation - Hitachi NR83A and PC
FR350 use this nail

28 degree clipped head (or D-head) - Bostich and others

30-34 degree clipped head and Roundrive - Paslode F350S, PC FC350 and
Hitachi NR90AD

Rather than get a HF framer, I recommend getting either the Paslode
F350S (for clipped head nails) or the Hitachi NR83A (for full round
head nails) from Ebay. They can be had brand-new for about what you
want to pay, are extremely durable and parts are plentiful since they
have both been around for a long time.

These nailers will outlive you and nails for either one are plentiful.

On 26 Apr 2005 15:11:42 -0700, "Martin"
wrote:

Andy,

Thanks very much for the detailed and informative "road test". Yes,
this is my first nail gun.

I'd like to get one of the framing nailers later this summer, as I am
wanting to build a storage shed in the backyard. Harbor Freight has
quite a selection of those, always on sale for around $100. Not sure
how I will choose between the six or so models available there. Who
would care whether the magazine is at 28 or 32 degrees? Do these guns
use standard nails that you can get at Home Depot?

Martin