Spehro Pefhany

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:59:22 GMT, the renowned Charles Morrill
wrote:

I'm sorry to hear complaints about Starrett's service. Given their
reputation, the only future for them is probably to go up market. I
routinely buy their stuff and like it a good bit but it seems awfully
expensive sometimes. I've had good luck with their customer service.
Recently I sent my three year old digital calipers back to them when
the display stopped functioning correctly. They rebuilt them completely
and didn't charge me anything. I was quite impressed.
They ought to think about making limited runs of some of their
tools for collectors. Perhaps they do and I've not heard.

charles morrill

The big problem they had with the US government a few years ago had to
do with coordinate measuring machines (really upmarket compared to
micrometers) that allegedly did not perform properly. From some
complaints I read on the web, and if I remember correctly, it might
have had more to do with software issues than mechanical quality.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany