wmbjk

On 26 Apr 2005 11:32:40 -0700, "Martin"
wrote:

I realize it isn't metalworking, but also that a lot of readers here
are Harbor Freight customers.

Here's my question: A current sale flyer has an "18-gauge brad nailer
" on sale for $20 (reg $50). They also have an "18-19 gauge finish
nailer",
, for $40, not on sale. How does a "brad nailer" differ from a "finish
nailer"?

More importantly, would it really matter which one I chose for
assembling my new kitchen cabinets?

One is about twice as big as the other, and sometimes the longer nails
are useful.

Does a "finish nailer" have
something extra, maybe a rubber nose to prevent marring?

Nope. But the smaller gun is lighter and more maneuverable if you're
only using short nails.

BTW, it
appears that at least two part numbers of the nails fit both guns
(33206 and 33207).

There's only one solution... buy the $20 one now while it's on sale.
It'll be a bit clunky for the short nails, but the smaller model is
probably on sale in one of the three HF catalogs you'll get in the
mail this week, so you can have them both. Might as well get a stapler
too, they're nice if you're using 1/4" material for the backs.

Wayne