jim rozen

In article , Dave Hinz says...

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 11:30:35 -0500, Bruce Spainhower
wrote:
Try Dow High-Vacuum Grease instead. I keep it around for the vacuum work, but
it's perfect for any application where you can't use petroleum-based grease
(plastics, rubber, etc.).

Ah yes, "magic jumping grease", isn't it? Open the tube, the room gets
coated?

Heh. My favorite story involved a lab cheapskate who wanted to
waterproof his leather boots. He was too cheap to go out and just
buy some bear grease made for that, but instead swiped a big tube
of DC silicone grease and used that.

Apparently he developed the biggest case of foot-rot because the
silicone grease completely prevented the leather from breathing
at all.

Jim

please reply to: