Rick

On 24 Apr 2005 15:42:08 -0700, wrote:

I guess this is a tough one....
I am thinking of make the most of two roof windows by letting the light
coming from these through the ceiling into the second floor of a
terrace house.

At the moment I am considering using sheets of polycarbonate
(triplewall 16mm) in the area just below the two windows. These sheets
would cover an area of about 2m x 4m around the centre of the loft
space while the rest will be covered with the usual chipboard.
Ideally, the loft area should be usable...in the same way as if it was
covered entirely by chipboard.
I've already done a quick test and I am quite positive that the
polycarbonate sheet will work just fine if not better than chipboard.

However there are certain issues which I need to consider before moving
forwards:
The loft space will be used for studio recording and I want to avoid
reflective surfaces as much as possible. I am thinking of using a sort
of perforated carpet (made of seagrass or simialar) on top of the
polycarbonate sheets.
Where can I find such product or are there any viable alternative?
Has anyone out there any experience in semi-transparent and non
reflective floors?
Any hint is very much appreciated,

Thanks

Alex

I have been buying roof windows, there are vaious people who can sell
you glass pannels that are stroung enough to walk on.

There was a really sexy sliding roof window on Grand Designs the other
week, you could have it so that some thing slides across the glass
when you want it non reflective.

Rick