Walt Cheever

The bracket (tool rest holder) is the big problem. It has to fit tight, be
adjustable and take a fair amount of torque.

I think that Sears still sells a tube lathe, seem to remember I saw it in
their catalog. You don't think that parts for the new one would fit the old
one..... Naw, never happen.

You might try the old woodworking machines website http://www.owwm.com/

As far as the rest itself--have it welded up. I had two made from 3/4"
round stock one 12" long, one 6" from a welder shop for $20. The post
length should be so that you can go from 1" above the centers to about 1
1/2" below them.

Looks like you might have a nice starter lathe there.

Walt C

"BigDaddy" wrote in message
I have recieved a Craftsman 12" wood lathe, model 113 23800. made in 1977.

I found a parts list on the Sears website. The lathe I recieved ( for
free) is missing the Tool rest and bracket. These parts show as
unavailable.
Does anyone know if there is aftermarket pieces I can purchas?
I am new to woodturning and looking for a little help. I will call Sears
tomorrow, but thought I would seek some ideas here also.
I posted some pictures of it on a.b.p.w

Thanks
Don