Ken Moon

"BigDaddy" wrote in message
I have recieved a Craftsman 12" wood lathe, model 113 23800. made in 1977.

I found a parts list on the Sears website. The lathe I recieved ( for
free) is missing the Tool rest and bracket. These parts show as
unavailable.
Does anyone know if there is aftermarket pieces I can purchas?
I am new to woodturning and looking for a little help. I will call Sears
tomorrow, but thought I would seek some ideas here also.
I posted some pictures of it on a.b.p.w

Thanks
Don

==================
Don,
If that is their monotube lathe (toolrest and tailstock ride on 2 1/2 in
steel tube), Harbor Freight Tools has a clone and their tool rest should
work on yours. Otherwise, there are several companies that sell individual
components for a "build it yourself" rest. For one of those, you'll need to
know the length of the post required and the length of the rest you need.
You can buy different length rests and just interchange them as needed. 3
places that have these type rests are Woodcraft, Packard Woodworks, and
Craft Supplies USA.
Hope this helps.

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX