Burhans

What do you mean "Much Less Voltage Drop using a #10 opposed to a #12" ?

What would be the side affect for Hooking a #12 Wire pulling 16.7 Amps?

Could someone please explain "Continuous Load" and why a Hot Water Heater
falls into this catogory.

Would the Hot Water heater always be pulling the full 2000 Watts or does it
only pull 2000 Watts on the highest temp?

I have no problem running #10 Wire but I just ran #12 for a smaller Hot
Water Heater and needed to return it because it was too small for its
application (Washer/Dryer Room).

Thanks

"toller" wrote in message
2000w is 16.7a. Since the circuit cannot carry more than 80% of maximum
capacity, you would need a 21a circuit. Since there is no such thing as a
21a circuit, you need the next larger size.
Even if you could get by with #12, why would you want to? #10 will give
much less voltage drop and the price isn't all that much different.