Ray

There is much I need to find out and without a circuit diagram (which has
been almost impossible to find so far), I am pretty much reverse engineering
this thing as I go. First off, there is a small board directly behind the
sync. socket on the Elinchrom 500. The board has a power resistor, a high
voltage MOSFET, an optocoupler and a few other resistors. The power resistor
overheated and burnt the board. I suspect this has happened because the
mosfet (or it's controlling circuit) failed and caused the full load of the
photoflash caps to continually bleed across this resistor. I am going to
make a new board and replace all components on it (7 or 8 in total). I will
be doing some more trouble shooting and will be able to give you more
information soon. Are you familiar with the innards of this monolight? And
finally, can we carry on this dialogue by email so as not to clutter the
bulletin board?

Cheers,
Ray

"NSM" wrote in message news:l4Fae.1182$tg1.128@edtnps84...

"Ray" wrote in message
Yes and yes, for over forty years.

Cheers,

OK, they are pretty much a fool killer. I can only give you general
advice,
however. What sort of info are you looking for?