Robert Bonomi

In article 2o_9e.3906$lz1.1060@lakeread01,
DL wrote:
I am curious as to what others have done for receptacles that are going to
be used with different equipment that have different plug configurations.

[[.. munch ..]]

Your approach _is_ entirely rational and reasonable.

One thing I would suggest considering. "safety cords" (aka 'strain reliefs')
across the connections, _whichever_ kind of connector you end up using.

Where cords are subject to movement, twisting, etc. "Twist-Lok" connectors
_can_ come unplugged unexpectedly. Their primary 'advantage' is that they
do *not* disconnect when subjected to a _straight-line_ pull. The secondary
advantage is that they tolerate _large_numbers_ of connect/disconnect cycles
better than "straight blade" types.

Something as simple as a piece of string/twine, knotted around the cord
just behind the plug, and attached to a hook next to the outlet. Makes
it _really_ difficult for the plug to 'fall out' of the socket. grin