Andy Dingley

On 22 Apr 2005 12:33:05 -0700, "SonomaProducts.com"
wrote:

Do you have a reference to that statement. I'd love to confirm that.

Well it's obviously incorrect, when framed in such a broad manner.

"All finishes are safe for contact with food or children's mouths
once the finish has fully cured (after about a month)."

The obvious counter examples are lead paint, marine anti-fouling paint,
and lead-dried oil finishes. If we rephrase it as "All current finishes
permitted for general use in Ruritania, according to the current rules
of the RDA" then we might be better off - for your own local values of
Ruritanian rulings.

And that's a month in a reasonably warm time of year.