R.H.

328) You are making a ring, with the outer text of the coin showing
up on the inside of the ring. I've known of this for years, and
have recently seen this discussed in one of the fora which I
frequent. I forget whether it is rec.crafts.metalworking, or a
mailing list.

Anyway, you cut out the center, and smooth it nicely, and
finally polish the OD.

P.S. You've got more patience than I had back when I first
learned of this technique. Did you use a spoon, or a small
hammer?

I didn't have a heavy spoon, so I did the first 80 percent with a small
hammer and finished it with a regular sized one. Seems like it would take a
lot longer using a spoon.

Rob