R.H.

Default What is it? LVIII

Just posted some more photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

Lane

4
"R.H." wrote in message
Just posted some more photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

327) Some kind of hand reamer/counter bore?
328) You're making a ring out of it. There was a link on this NG about such
a project.
329) A wild guess is a valve spring compressor.
330) A punch of some special type.
331) Collette, exact kind I don't know.
332) The working/grabbing end of one of those flexible grabber thingys. The
fingers extend out when you push the plunger on the other end. Handy for
picking up dropped bolts etc.

Lane

Barbara Bailey

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:10:59 GMT, "R.H." wrote:

Just posted some more photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

327: appears to be some sort of a reamer; maybe for finishing the
dowel holes for furniture?

328: I've got several finger rings that my great-uncle made from
silver coins that way. I think that he started with quarters, though.

Barb
Jon Haugsand

* R. H.
Just posted some more photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

327 Some cleaner tool

328 coiner (or coinerism or whatever)

329 "log on fireplace" placer

330 Tool for hammering spikes/nails into the boards without destroying
the board with hammer marks. (Called "et dor" in Norwegian.)

331 Part of a combination lock

332 Part of fireworks

--
Jon Haugsand
Dept. of Informatics, Univ. of Oslo, Norway,

Mark and Kim Smith

R.H. wrote:

Just posted some more photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

From rec.woodworking.

#327: Manual router?
#328: The nature of the project is to obliterate any 1965 $.05 piece
ever made?
#329: Old grab-it tool?
#330: Seal punch? Spanner tool?
#331: Collet
#332: The end of a flexible grab-it tool. I use mine to fetch objects
that my kids throw into the aquarium.

Sunworshipper

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:10:59 GMT, "R.H." wrote:

Just posted some more photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

327 Don't come near me with that thing. Wish I could find that
size engine , new.

328 You can make something out of the pre '64 ones.

329 Cool , I want one.

330 Where do you find this stuff ...

331 Opposite of what I've been looking for.

332 Your gonna need this double grabber cause you dropped it
deep in that plane & if you don't get it the first time
your screwed.
Jeff Wisnia

R.H. wrote:
Just posted some more photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

331 What we used to call a "rubber collet" it grabs the part over a much
longer length than an ordinary collet.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

schools"
Norman D. Crow

"R.H." wrote in message
Just posted some more photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

Could 327 be a tool for making a rosette or similar pattern on leather?

Agree 329 and 332 are a valve spring compressor and a "Grabit" tool.

--
Nahmie

Keith Marshall

Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking

327 Pipe (as in tobacco) reamer/cleaner?
328 Making a ring?
329 Dunno but stay away from me with it!!
330 Looks like a nail set with handles?
331 Collet, don't know what kind.
332 Business end of a grabber?

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

"R.H." wrote in message
Just posted some more photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

Lone Biker Of The Apocalypse

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:10:59 GMT, "R.H." wrote:

Just posted some more photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

327. Pipe reamer
328. You are making a coin ring
329. A valve spring compressor for a side valve motor
330. Personal protection key fob
331. Collets
332. Parts grabber

Robert

axolotl

R.H. wrote:

Just posted some more photos:

330 - Hazy memory says it's a little (jewelry sized) anvil, with the two
legs dropping into holes in a bench plate.

Kevin Gallimore

B.B.

In article ,
"R.H." wrote:

Just posted some more photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

327. Donut corer.
328. Deflation.
329. Baby forceps for difficult births in cattle and/or large women.
330. Three-hole punch.
331. Adjustable hole.
332. Engine bolt extractor. To be used with much profanity.

Postin' from rcm.

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/
DoN. Nichols

In article ,
R.H. wrote:
Just posted some more photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking:

327) For making a shaped cavity -- in wood, I think. The shape is
wrong for it to be a deburring tool for metal. And, it looks to
be center-cutting, so it does not need a pre-drilled hole to
start it.

328) You are making a ring, with the outer text of the coin showing
up on the inside of the ring. I've known of this for years, and
have recently seen this discussed in one of the fora which I
frequent. I forget whether it is rec.crafts.metalworking, or a
mailing list.

Anyway, you cut out the center, and smooth it nicely, and
finally polish the OD.

P.S. You've got more patience than I had back when I first
learned of this technique. Did you use a spoon, or a small
hammer?

329) Support for some form of workpiece. The T-handle probably
goes into some master supporting object where it can pivot, and
the claws support a workpiece of some form. At a guess, I would
say that it would be used by a blacksmith, to allow a heavy
workpiece to be swung between the anvil and the forge (heat
source).

It could be an extendible grabber *if* it had:

1) A handle to extend it from the support end.

2) Another handle to grip/release the claws.

Lacking those, I stand by my first impression.

330) I *think* another form of blacksmithing tool. That would mount
on an anvil, to allow forming of rings and similar things.

331) An ER (Extended Range) series collet. I'm not sure which of
several sizes this one is -- perhaps ER-16. (I use an ER-25 set
with my little Emco-Maier Compact-5/CNC lathe, and with the
companion C5 milling machine.

332) The business end of an extension grabber. The cylinder is
probably 1/4" or smaller. Operated by a plunger and (probably)
a T-handle grip. Most have a flexible section between the
handle and the grabber fingers.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Gary Brady

R.H. wrote:
Just posted some more photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

327. Reamer
328. Making a coin ring
329. Extend-o-arm.
330. Anvil stake
331. Collet
332. Business end of a mechanical grabber for tight spaces.

RCM

Gary Brady
Austin, TX
Jim Newell

327 Reamer

328 Model of english wheel

329 Lift device. The more you lift the tighter it gets.

331 Collet

332 Screw Holder

"R.H." wrote in message
Just posted some more photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

R.H.

Looks like they've all been answered correctly:

327. Countersink, a tool for making a hole so the screw head will lie flush
with the surface.

328. Making a coin ring

329. Patent valve spring compressor, patented Oct. 4, 1921. I didn't know
what it was until I did a search on the patent date and found this page:

http://www.mjdtools.com/tools/list_167/121778.htm

330. Haven't been able to verify this one, when I first got it I thought it
might be one of those personal protection key fobs, but now I'm leaning
towards the idea that it's a small anvil.

331. Spring collet

332. Mechanical grabber, 24" long with a spring and plunger on the other
end.

Thanks to all who participated this week.

Rob

R.H.

328) You are making a ring, with the outer text of the coin showing
up on the inside of the ring. I've known of this for years, and
have recently seen this discussed in one of the fora which I
frequent. I forget whether it is rec.crafts.metalworking, or a
mailing list.

Anyway, you cut out the center, and smooth it nicely, and
finally polish the OD.

P.S. You've got more patience than I had back when I first
learned of this technique. Did you use a spoon, or a small
hammer?

I didn't have a heavy spoon, so I did the first 80 percent with a small
hammer and finished it with a regular sized one. Seems like it would take a
lot longer using a spoon.

Rob

R.H.

Where do you find this stuff ...

Most of it comes from the flea market. I'm getting a little low on
objects to post on my site, if anyone has something that might be
appropriate, please send me some photos.

Rob

woodworker88

#331 is a collet for a CNC mill, for CT tooling. These are the ones
for CNC's with tool changers, such as the Haas I use at the machine
shop.