Bob Minchin

Ian Stirling wrote in message
Digby wrote:
Washing machine outlet hoses need to be brought up to just below the

top
of the washing machine anyway - they don't just drain along the

floor.
These outlets are pumped, so as long as the height difference is less

than (say) 24in you should be fine.

That's a good thought but my macine will be about 20 feet from the
nearest point I can connect to the sewer - doesn't this imply that I
will constantly have grey water lying in this pipe work ?
How should I protect against flowback into the outhouse?

3-4 feet, in 20 feet is more than you'd want the slope to be, to keep the

water
flowing, I think it's 1:20 is the recommended slope.

Make sure there is an air vent to stop any back siphoning into the machine
when the pump stops.
Add a rodding eye at the high end of the pipe run to the drain just in case.
Make sure that the outhouse does not freeze. There is always a little water
left in the machine and this and the solenoid valves can freeze up.

Bob