Andrew McKay

Digby wrote:
My wife (God Bless her) wants me to move the washing machine into the
outhouse.
Well that's fine - I had nothing planned for the month !
I have power and can easily get water supply BUT the outhouse is lower
than the main drain cover (although not lower than the take away from
the drain).
Is it possible to push the waste water uphill so I can branch into an
existing waste drain ??
Or is there some clever workaround ??
Suggestions gratefully received.

Washing machine outlet hoses need to be brought up to just below the top
of the washing machine anyway - they don't just drain along the floor.
These outlets are pumped, so as long as the height difference is less
than (say) 24in you should be fine.

However make sure that if the outlet pipe to the outside drain were to
get restricted that you don't end up with water all over the floor of
the outhouse. That could potentially be dangerous as you would have
electrical equipment sitting in a pool of water.....

Andrew

--
Please note that the email address used for posting
usenet messages is configured such that my antispam