Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Andy Dingley wrote:
Permeable separators is why modern batteries (last 15 years) last twice
as long as they did 25 years ago. It's also one reason why "Batt-aid"
no longer works, as they're pretty much already guarded against the
failure mode that might have fixed.

My experience with car batteries says they last no longer these days than
they did 40 years ago. BMW battery - made by Bosch - exactly 3 years. Just
enough for the car warranty. On my old Rover, which I've had for over 15
years, again 3 years or so regardless of make. And modern car charging
systems should be kinder to batteries than dynamos were.

I'd say they design the separators to self destruct at this age.

--
*Why does the sun lighten our hair, but darken our skin?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.