Doug Miller

In article qjjae.4357$lz1.735@lakeread01, "DL" wrote:

I understand that the amps drop on the 240v equipment, and I probably used a
bad example with the air compressor. A better example would be a comparison
between my Delta dust collector and my Grizzly tablesaw. Both have 1.5hp
motors, and both work fine, but the quality of the cord on the Delta is much
nicer than my 12+ year old Grizzly. The general quality of some of the
cords are not to my liking so if I have to replace the end to match a
receptacle, I might as well upgrade the entire power cord.

Ah, I see. Of course, that's not an electrical issue. :-)

--
Regards,