Hax Planx

SonomaProducts.com says...

Do you have a reference to that statement. I'd love to confirm that.
Really.

Flexner lists them as 'probably' safe. Naturally, he doesn't want to be
sued if somebody decides they got sick off some or other finish. But I
think there is way too much worry about this. All the major wood
finishes have been around for a long time and I've never heard of anyone
getting sick from a cured finish, nor even a frivolous lawsuit claiming
somebody did. If any of them were the least bit dangerous, we would
know all about it by now. Anyone ever heard of lead or asbestos? The
polymerizing finishes would be impossible to get into the bloodstream,
because they are nearly impervious to anything but the strongest
chemical finish strippers. At the top of that heap would be
polyurethane--the most chemical and chip resistant of the common
finishes. I don't believe shellac is toxic at all. The only thing
toxic about it is the methanol used to poison the ethanol solvent, which
quickly evaporates. I can only assume our government believes that a
few deaths are preferable to somebody using pure ethanol to get drunk
(yuk).