Patriarch

"DL" wrote in
news:Vp9ae.4312$lz1.1231@lakeread01:

"Patriarch" wrote in message
. 97.136...
"DL" wrote in
news:Zm6ae.3927$lz1.2661@lakeread01:
snip
I guess I am confused with your reference to a pigtail. In my
understanding, a pigtail is used inside the junction / receptacle
box to connect multiple wires to a single terminal connection.

Think 'short extension cord', external to the building wiring.

All of the 240v circuits were 30A, installed, by a licensed, bonded,
insured electrical professional. Who installed a subpanel, with
lockable master lockout switch.

Sorry if my inaccurate, or irregular use of the language caused
confusion. It was not my intent.

Patriarch

No problem, it's what I thought you meant, but wanted to be sure.

It is an interesting idea and I like the concept. Is there a reason
you didn't want to just replace the entire cord to the machine or at a
minimum just the plug end as I proposed?

If you were going to use the equipment in areas that have different
receptacles types, I think this is the best option. Given that I am
trying to standardize on a receptacle type, it seems to me you are
doing both sides when you would only need to do one.

Did you want to leave the original power cord and plug end in tact for
warranty purposes?

I didn't want to cut into a brand new machine, if unneeded. And this
was a brand new saw, since I couldn't find a good used one at the time,
and was pi$$ed at the old one.

And I deserved it. 2002 was a tough year.

Patriarch,
glad that's over!