Tom John

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:06:20 GMT, "sploop"
wrote:

"Tom John" wrote in message
.. .
Hi

We have a victorian cottage with a down stairs bathroom off the back
of the kitchen. Between the two rooms is a 3 foot wide lobby that
serves no purpose other than to ensure there are 2 doors between the
kitchen and the bathroom.

I believe this was a legal requirement when the bathroom extension was
built, but want to pull the wall down and extend the kitchen into the
loobby area. There are no structural walls to consider.

Can anyone confirm i am able to do this, and therefore only have a
single door between the kitchen and bathroom?

Thanks

Tom

What on earth is a "loobby area"???

it was what the estate agents put on the house details.

It's a room that is 3 by 6 foot with a door on each of the long sides,
one leading to the kitchen, the other to the bathroom. On one of the
shorter walls is the back door to the garden.

We want to kock the wall on the kitchen side down so the back door
comes into the kitchen, along with a load of light.

Cheers

TOm