m Ransley

Ive used P&L marine varnish on alot of jobs, on boats and doors done 20
years ago look fine today ,perhaps 30 jobs as I used to do alot of wood
work for a living. It probably costs near 100 a gallon today as I paid
70$ 20 years ago. None of the jobs have failed yet. There are cheap
products and there are good ones. The key is not varnishing in sun, a
hot surface or one that will recieve sun for 24 hrs. Regular polys
yellow fast and non marine usualy fail in 5-7 years. When you consider
the cost of re-stripping in 5-7 years 100 a gallon is cheap, it is the
labor that is expensive.