AlexW

Transco_Boo_Hiss wrote:
AlexW Wrote:

After working at Schlum. I was at Siemens Measurements in Failsworth
who
were making these c. 10 years ago. I thought Eurometer/Gill had got a
virtual monopoly on the E6 ultrasonic market following my departure?

Alex.

yeah they are out there - like i say we dont fit them so dont have much
to do with them, but i know the pre-payment module is landis & gyr and
am 80% its a siemens E6. Cracking little things tho!

IIRC Siemens bought L&G, shortly after I left, mainly to get into the
Quantum prepayment market I think.

It's nice to know that the huge effort put in by a lot of people in
Siemens to get the E6 design & manufacturing process right actually
still has some (even minor) relavence today (even though the factory is
long gone I think).

Are the Gill/Eurometer E6's still knocking about?

Cheers,

Alex.