Lobster

Bob Eager wrote:
On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 18:49:52 UTC, Lobster
wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:

1) Piece of copper tube
2) Workmate
3) G cramp

makes a nice cable reel stand when unrolling long lengths of cable and
pulling them.

Where does the G-cramp go?!

Are you *really* asking?

I'd envisaged the copper tube being aligned with the long axis of the
workmate, being gripped in the vice, protruding from the end, and
couldn't see how a G-cramp fitted...

Open up WorkMate with jaws a few inches apart, wide enough for cable
reel to drop down....diameter of reel parallel with long axis of
Workmate. Copper tube through reel, rests on two sides of Workmate and
G-cramp holds tube from rolling.

Much better - and I can see why you wondered why on earth I was asking
the question!

I'll be doing some wiring this morning so will give it a go!

David