Jeff

"bob" wrote in message
m...
Hi
In a number of posts to UK DIY, people are advising the use of crimps
to join cables,
The use of insulated crimps to join solid copper conductors can cause
fire.
Their are manufacturers who will imply that their crimps will safely
join solid copper conductors, They dont.
Today I have been to my 3rd breakdown this year where a crimped cable
has broken down and caused damage.
Insulated Crimps are only for Stranded copper cable, not Solid Copper
as is found in domestic Flat Twin Cables.
Bob James

What were those plastic cap type thingys that you screw on the cables to
join them, they were all over a factory where I used to work

Regards Jeff