Lane no spam wrote:
It's made of cast iron with holes to bolt to the bench top; its just

a stand
with bronze bushings (oil caps on top) for the arbor with a pully in

the
middle that you hook up to a motor behind. You can put a grinding

wheel,
wire wheel or buffer on either side.

I've usually heard them called a "grinding arbor" or
"buffing arbor", or sometimes just "arbor". If you're
really lucky, you can even find them with a chuck on
one end, I assume for use with small grinding points
and carbide burrs. Since eBay seems driven by search
words more than actual descriptions, how about "belt
driven bench grinder buffer wire wheel arbor"?

And no, I don't need one, I've got a couple of "Millers
Falls" ones I need to mount one of these days...

--Glenn Lyford