Lane no spam wrote:
It's made of cast iron with holes to bolt to the bench top; its just

a stand
with bronze bushings (oil caps on top) for the arbor with a pully in

the
middle that you hook up to a motor behind. You can put a grinding

wheel,
wire wheel or buffer on either side. There are tool rests, but no

wheel
guards of any kind. I've got one and want to put it on ebay but

haven't the
foggiest idea what they are called. I've Googled and searched on Ebay

every
which way but can't find another one to compare it to. What are these

things
called? I'm sure its an antique.

Lane

The one I inherited says "Montgomery Ward" on one line on the decal and
"Grinding Arbor" on the next. My grandfather used an old washing
machine motor in combination with a wheeled sign frame from his gas
station to mount it. It replaced his old hand-crank grinder out in the
garage. Uses 6" wheels and has very cheesy guards and tool rests on
it. It worked well enough to sharpen lawnmower blades, anyway. This
one is a deluxe version, has ball bearings.

Stan