Karl Townsend

tomorrow and probably they can deliver it. I am pretty sure catalyized
polyurethane will hold up to the cutting fluids a TFB will see though I
know it wouldn't hold up to spray synthetic water based coolant.
No wonder it takes so long to get a machine painted. It took two
hours of phone calls just to order the paint. BTW, we are getting some
very nice looking paint jobs with Rust-O-Leum marine enamel. It dries
pretty fast, for an enamel, and has a great gloss. Price was right too
at $5.00 a quart from the local Habitat for Humanity Re-Store.
Durabilty is an unknown but since we are painting drill press and a
huge Famco arbor press it probably won't be an issue. These seldom see
coolants. Leigh@MarMachine

Leigh

I have a Hardinge CHNC to paint in a few months. It WILL see a lot of
coolant. Do you know what I should use? Stuck with $170 from Hardinge? FWIW,
this is a remanufactured machine direct from Hardinge and I'm putting a
brand new control on it so I want it right. Hardinge has painted the main
machine, I have control cabinets and accessories to paint.

Karl