IMM

Default Are Home Depot & B&Q linked?

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
In the US, HD, because of its dominant market position, is referred to
as "the Borg" (as in Star Trek, assumed by) . I suppose that B&Q
could be similarly described because of theirs.

The problem is that they are so much better than the DIY shed competition.
The only other place that comes close is Wickes, but their stores (at

least
round here) are too small.

Wickes is geared to the trade and the prices much keener all around. B&Q
Warehouse is a direct competitor to Wickes. Focus and Wickes are in the
same group, yet they stock is very different and so are the prices, although
Focus do have some items that are keenly priced. I find Homebase far
cheaper than B&Q on LV lamps and the likes.