indago

050420 1739 - msterspy posted:

I had all kinds of surprizes when I bought this house.
For example the prveious owner decided to "save money" and not bother
with the big 3 prong plug for the clothes dryer. They simply connected
the romex right into the dryer. No way to unplug it if there was a
problem. Got rid of that mess in a hurry.
Same way with th garage door opener. No breaker or shutoff nearby
(detatched garage) . They also buried the power cable to the garage
under 12" of soil.

The previous owner was a licensed electrician.

Just goes to show. Another example is the licensed driver. There the ones
who have all the accidents.