AlexW

doozer wrote:

I,
too, have used an old power drill as a router but they don't last long
(certainly wouldn't do that to my new drill).

Mine was only casual gouging and it survived. You just know its wrong
but do it anyway ;-)

Cheap and nasty spanners make great weights when trying to run a fishing
line for cable pulls because you have something to easily tie on to.

I'll remember that one!

Wish I had known about the jigsaw trick when I had to lift a load of
floor boards.

Handle with care though. The reciprocating action can catch cables,
pipes and joists etc if the blade is too long. You also have to get it
started by puncturing the tongue ... if we are keeping with the spirit
of the thread this can be done with any old flat head screwy! I use my
circ. saw these days though.