Andrew Gabriel

In article .com,
"Seri" writes:

Does anybody know of a way of 'priming' this type of battery to make it
healthier? Is it worth me charging them up full and then discharging
them as much as possible a few times? Or should I just leave them
constantly charging?

They are probably knackered. In a UPS, the capacity of the batteries
drops pretty linearly to zero after about 5 years, so they're usually
chucked out at about 3 years when the run time will have got too
short for the original application. Usually, the cheapest way to
replace them when integrated inside the UPS is to buy a new UPS;-)

--
Andrew Gabriel