AlexW

doozer wrote:
I was just reading the "Worst Tool" thread and is struck me that I
haven't yet seen a thread detailing, shall we say, alternative uses for
a tool.

I alluded to a bit of this on the thread you ref'd ...

Spoon or other cutlery = screwdriver

Huge old tyre lever = wrecking bar and "slab lever"

Chisel = scraper

Scraper = chisel

Screwy = chisel or scraper or tyre lever

Power drill = hand held "bodge" router.

Shortened (broken off) jisgaw blade for removing floorboard tongues when
circ. saw not handy (taught this one by a builder mate of mine).

Hammer = weight for lowering down flues to get a line in.

Weight in garage = hammer on occasion.

Brick = hammer when not in garage

Antique sheffield steel knife (with mods) = finger trowel (done by
builder mate ... wife very miffed).

Bath = mixer

.... I have given this sort of thing up for the most part now!

Alex