Lost the alternator pivot bolt on my Lancia Montecarlo once. It's
impossible to get access to the nut with anything that has a handle
long enough to torque it adequately. The replacement had a Nyloc, as it
should have done from the first.

But standing in a layby on the A1, wondering where the charge and
waterflow have gone, you have to improvise. I still have the
screwdriver I used instead and apart from the flat spot that a pullety
wore into the handle, even the fact it was half the diameter it ought
to have been didn't matter over the next 200 miles.