doozer wrote:
I was just reading the "Worst Tool" thread and is struck me that I
haven't yet seen a thread detailing, shall we say, alternative uses

for
a tool.

Some tools are just asking to be abused (e.g. screwdrivers as

chisels)
and some, like hammers used as screwdrivers (Birmingham screwdriver),

just find alternative uses. I'm sure we've all broken a tool at some
point through misusing it. Have you used things as tools that were

never
intended to be tools (old credit cards make great grout spreaders)?

I once made a raised platform for painting ceilings out of old blocks

of
polystyrene and a plank. It was great (for about 6 months) until one
corner gave way.

When you need to get a job done quick, dont have the right tools, and
the cost of sacrificing a cheap tool doesnt matter, all sorts can be
done. Last one of these involved cutting a screwdriver in half to get
2x 3" bits of steel rod. I made sure the victim was a 'black spur.'

NT