Asimov

" bravely wrote to "All" (20 Apr 05 21:53:15)
--- on the heady topic of "My wife's headaches, ( a real sad story, and a great
frustrating myster"

Did your wife drive another car and have a headache? It may be she has
a problem with her neck and turning the head or moving the eyes around
a lot causes her headache. It may be that it takes some time to get
used to driving again after a long absence from the road.

Perhaps she needs some kind of eye glasses to drive? Driving requires
the eyes to focus further away and may cause eye strain which results
in the perceived headaches. Since the problem occured with the doors
open then it may now be partly in the mind as a memory from the first
experience. The brain is really great at trying to avoid dangers which
it previously encountered.

As for the carbon monoxide problem try to borrow a detector and check
the interior. Look for any openings in the firewall left after the
police equipment was removed as any engine fumes might creep in
through there. For instance oil that leaks onto a hot manifold but
doesn't leak at idle or in park, or leaks from the blow-by valve.

BTW contrary to popular belief bleach doesn't kill mold very well.
Ammonia does a better job. Some folk spray Lysol into the A/C vents
and swear by it but I'm not convinced. Perhaps a combination of each.

A*s*i*m*o*v

ca From: "
ca Xref: aeinews sci.electronics.repair:46153

ca We have a 1993 Caprice Classic which was formally a New Hampshire
ca state
ca police car. We bought it at state auction in 1998 and my wife drove it
ca with no problems up until about 2 years ago. All of a sudden her
ca headaches seemed to come on gradually and they seemed to occur every
ca time she drove the car.
[,,,]

.... No electrons were harmed in the posting of this message.