Ian Stirling

Mike wrote:

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
Mike wrote:

Visited the Homebuilding and Renovation show at NEC and saw for the

first
time a MicroCHP which really looked the dog's doodahs. It was on the
PowerGen stand but of course nobody had any details on how to buy one.

Does anybody know the commercial situation with these ? When will they

be
available and for how much ?

The unit in question is a "Whispergen", but don't get your hopes up.
They were originally designed to provide power, DHW and heating for

Thanks and I will do. Hopefully costs will drop but the key advantage I can
see is we have so many short power-cuts that if the heating keeps itself,
the lights and computer on during these then it's a big gain. However I
will need an LPG one which presumably is some way off.

As I understand it, it won't do this if the mains goes off, as it's designed
to pump it back into the grid.