Asimov

"Jerry G." bravely wrote to "All" (19 Apr 05 18:41:38)
--- on the heady topic of " ViewSonic E71 with extrange sympthoms..."

JG From: "Jerry G."
JG Xref: aeinews sci.electronics.repair:46066

JG Considering the age of the monitor, there are most likely worn
JG capacitors in the power supply and scan amplifier sections just to
JG start with. Worn decoupler caps can also cause other types of
JG component failures.

JG The caps can be tested with an ESR meter, and a cap meter to start
JG with. For the cap meter test, they must be removed.

Jerry, I'm not too sure that "wear" is a documented failure mechanism
for electrolytic capacitors. Unless of course they are used as wheels
by a skateboard pro... ;-)

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... I worked hard to attach the electrodes to it.