Doctor Evil

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Frank Erskine wrote:
I would agree wholeheartedly about MK plugs, but regarding sockets I
don't honestly think they are (or were) as good.

When I rewired my parents' house - ooh - over 20 years ago I used a
mixture of MK and Crabtree sockets, and had trouble with several of
the MK sockets - poor contact in the sockets gave rise to
overheating, even when using MK plugs and only lowish-power appliances
(food mixer, vacuum cleaner, etc).

MK are overrated.

Replacing the offending sockets with Crabtree ones solved everything.

Are Crabtree still about? I haven't seen 'em for years!

I'd agree. I loved the old Crabtree range of many years ago - IIRC, called
'Classic'. Beautiful design and well made. Still IMHO unsurpassed.

Their commercial range was absolutely crap. Their star-delta motor
contactors were the pits.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download