In article , (Dave
Plowman (News)) wrote:

In article ,
Fred wrote:
And, a piece of 2.5 T&E has two different thickness wires - the L&N
and
earth. Do you use the same size crimp on all three? Or drop a size
for
the earth? And if you drop a size, what do you do when crimping
1.5mm
(and there isn't a next size down readily available)?

It's a shame these haven't been answered. My experience of screw
terminal isn't that good in that copper appears to creep and things
can
get hot as a result of the loosening.

Then you're not tightening them correctly - it's as simple as that.

Use a screwdriver with the same blade width as the screw, and tighten
firmly. If a single cable into a terminal designed for three, double it
over. If you're worried about stripping threads, practice first. And
use a
screwdriver in good condition to avoid damaging the slot.

--
*I believe five out of four people have trouble with fractions. *

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

When wiring into MK sockets, I use a B&Q "5 x 100mm blade Micro finish
slotted" screwdriver. This is slightly wider than a standard electrical
screwdriver and fits the screw slot snugly. The actual blade may be a bit
too wide to fit into all makes of sockets though, as sometimes the access
holes to the terminal screws are a bit too narrow for the blade to fit
through.

Roger