Pete C

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 22:23:31 +0100, "Mike" wrote:

Yes - those showed the stuff was dodgy. I was wondering if you had
something that showed it actually did work without bending the testing.

I'd guess it's as good as 200mm rockwool when used under the floor,
but only as good as 90mm rockwool when used in walls and as good as
60mm rockwool when used in ceilings.

OTOH for preventing solar gain in ceilings it would be as good as
200mm rockwool. All these would require ~25mm airgap either side.

Probably comes into it's own for insulating uneven or odd shaped gaps
and cavities, especially where a vapour barrier is also required or a
gap for ventilation.

cheers,
Pete.