carl mciver

"jw" wrote in message
ups.com...
| I do not necessarily agree that just because you have title to a
| property gives you free reign to do as you please with it. We are each
| only temporary in the scheme of things. Yes, you own it now, but what
| about whomever comes after you. Or whomever came before you.

I stand by my original statement. You can do what you see fit with your
property, and you must also assume responsibility for any consequences of
such actions, such as you creating something uninteresting to future buyers.
Some German (?) airline had their 747's built so that the cockpit switches
all turned on by flipping them down, instead of the usual up pattern. They
found out the very, very hard way that nobody wanted them when it was time
to sell them because the planes had to be rewired at great expense to make
them sellable. They are welcome to do whatever they want, obviously,
because it's their tab, but like the example stated, they had to deal with
the unexpected consequences, as we find out about all through our lives.