Julian Fowler

Default Anglepoise lamp?

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 00:10:11 +0100, "braxi"
wrote:

Anyone know what the modern day equivalent of the anglepoise lamp is? I
would like an adjustable lamp to attach to the wall over my workbench.

IKEA do a good range of such lamps, including "anglepoise" style. Last
time I looked they were increasingly doing lamps w/ low voltage
halogen bulbs.

Habitat used to have similar, with the option of a table base or a
screw-to-the-wall (or shelf) socket. I have about half a dozen of
these -- mostly 10+ years old and not yet showing signs of "anglepoise
droop". Of course, since IKEA now own Habitat, I imagine that their
ranges are now similar ;-)

Apart from the DIY sheds, larger branches of BHS still have good
lighting departments.

HTH
Julian

--