braxi

Default Anglepoise lamp?

Anyone know what the modern day equivalent of the anglepoise lamp is? I
would like an adjustable lamp to attach to the wall over my workbench.

thanks for looking

Andy.

Bob Eager

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 23:10:11 UTC, "braxi" wrote:

Anyone know what the modern day equivalent of the anglepoise lamp is? I
would like an adjustable lamp to attach to the wall over my workbench.

How about......an Anglepoise?

http://www.anglepoise.com

I've seen them (or lookalikes) with various mounting options...

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70, PC/AT..

geoff

In message , braxi
writes
Anyone know what the modern day equivalent of the anglepoise lamp is? I
would like an adjustable lamp to attach to the wall over my workbench.

Yeah, it's called an anglepoise lamp
--
geoff
Julian Fowler

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 00:10:11 +0100, "braxi"
wrote:

Anyone know what the modern day equivalent of the anglepoise lamp is? I
would like an adjustable lamp to attach to the wall over my workbench.

IKEA do a good range of such lamps, including "anglepoise" style. Last
time I looked they were increasingly doing lamps w/ low voltage
halogen bulbs.

Habitat used to have similar, with the option of a table base or a
screw-to-the-wall (or shelf) socket. I have about half a dozen of
these -- mostly 10+ years old and not yet showing signs of "anglepoise
droop". Of course, since IKEA now own Habitat, I imagine that their
ranges are now similar ;-)

Apart from the DIY sheds, larger branches of BHS still have good
lighting departments.

HTH
Julian

--
Julian Fowler
Dave Plowman

In article ,
braxi wrote:
Anyone know what the modern day equivalent of the anglepoise lamp is? I
would like an adjustable lamp to attach to the wall over my workbench.

You can still get them - although IIRC the name is now generic. IKEA used
to do a fair selection.

Still the best sort of light when fitted with a mains halogen lamp for a
workbench.

--
*Everybody lies, but it doesn't matter since nobody listens.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn

John Forbes

wrote:

Anyone know what the modern day equivalent of the anglepoise lamp is? I
would like an adjustable lamp to attach to the wall over my workbench.

I use 3 from IKEA in my workshop - dirt cheap with normal size screw
fittings. The bottom is a plastic plamp which you can attach
somewhere on/ near your bench

John
Martin Angove

In message ,
Julian Fowler wrote:

[anglepoise]

Habitat used to have similar, with the option of a table base or a
screw-to-the-wall (or shelf) socket. I have about half a dozen of
these -- mostly 10+ years old and not yet showing signs of "anglepoise
droop".

We used to use anglepoise-style microphone booms at a previous place of
employment (probably supplied by Canford: http://www.canford.co.uk/ )
The problem with these was that different microphones and different
cable arrangements used to "weigh" differing amounts. Adjustments were
usually made (in addition to tightening/loosening hinges) by the removal
of springs and/or the addition of chunky rubber bands.

For studio use, the springs often "clanged" when moved, so they were
either damped with heatshrink tubing (either stuffed inside and unshrunk
or shrunk on the outside) or replaced altogether with rubber bands...
though they had the problem of perishing.

Just some pointless info :-)

Hwyl!

M.

--